Angelman Syndrome Family Retreat at Center for Courageous Kids
The holidays aren’t over yet! Our gift to you is a family weekend retreat at the Center for Courageous Kids, a camp designed exclusively for children with disabilities and their family members.
“CCK offers an amazing weekend for families to relax and be together … treating all kids, with or without special needs, as equals. We enjoyed the fellowship at meals, swimming, horseback riding, fishing, bowling … And we had a great volunteer to assist us with our kids. We look forward to going back this year!”
– Christi Gould, AS mother who previously attended the camp with her family.
Here are the details:
- Thirty — yes, 30! — AS families will have the opportunity to come together for a full weekend of fun, fellowship, acceptance and respite.
- The camp is designed for the entire AS family to attend together. Children with AS must be at least five years old.
- Families will enjoy a number of fun activities, including archery, bowling, canoeing, horseback riding, arts and crafts, and so much more!
- The weekend retreat goes from Friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon; families must commit to the entire weekend.
- The ASF is partnering with the Center for Courageous Kids to jointly fund this weekend getaway as a gift to you! Families only need to cover their travel costs to and from camp.
Want to see pictures of families enjoying the camp? Visit the Center for Courageous Kids’ Facebook page!
Don’t miss this incredible opportunity!
Families interested in attending should complete the Family Retreat online application as soon as possible before space fills up, as only 30 families will be able to attend. The Center for Courageous Kids will review all family applications and notify you of your acceptance into the family weekend, at which time more detailed information will be provided.
Center for Courageous Kids
1501 Burnley Road
Scottsville, KY 42164
Office of Camper Recruitment
Contact: Alvin Farmer
Phone: (270) 618-2912
February 1, 2016 – Deadline to Apply for a Volunteer Position
February 15, 2016 – Deadline to Register
April 1-3, 2016 – ASF Family Weekend Retreat
Calling all volunteers who want to attend and help our families! Twelve volunteer slots are available for those who want to help and support families during the weekend retreat in various roles. It’s a three-day commitment including attendance at the volunteer orientation at the start of the weekend. All food and lodging costs are covered; travel to the camp is the responsibility of the volunteer. Center for Courageous Kids provides a complete list of detailed volunteer job descriptions. Background checks will be required.